Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Support

So appreciative of how much hype this blog is getting. Like they say, persistence is prized … right? Welp just another day in the damp yet sunny part of the globe. As the internship is drawing to an end, I sincerely hope that our account team’s research will truly benefit this electronics company (our client) in achieving greater sales. By showing gratitude, for our unpaid labor and hours, the company is generous enough to host a farewell party for us interns at the end of the month (the least they can do?). So we’ll find out once and for all just how the creative departments get down! Trying to wrap up the loose ends of this project as the weekend approaches but most likely phase one will still be incomplete by the time I leave. Unfortunate but studying for graduate admissions examination must get underway. Tangent, but while purchasing the study guide for the exam, I came across Jack Kerouac’s “On the Road” and Nicole Krauss’ “The History of Love” (the former was heavily recommended by a highschool friend, just never got around to reading it – have begun though; the latter recently recommended by a friend who enjoyed it from book club experiences) – should be some easy and casual read for the weekend. Solar eclipse tomorrow but I seriously doubt I’m going to wake up for it though.

There’s something I need to get off my chest. It’s become alarmingly frequent for people to search isohunt/mininova for music, movie, book, anime torrents. Sure, it’s super fast, with the right amount of seeds, but this is just fueling a cycle that doesn’t need more depreciation. I know there is thousands of anti-piracy ads out there and almost all of us have seen some form of it, somewhere, somehow but the point is realizing the extent of such behavior. Now, I’d be a hypocrite if I say I have never downloaded music or movies but drastic times call for drastic measures (recent release of Entourage Season 6, for example, is not shown in Taiwan, so download is mandatory from a fanatic’s point-of-view but as a fan I’ll definitely cop a real copy of the series when I’m back in the States in the fall). Same goes for music. Musicians depend and rely on our sponsorship and support. I, too, download popular songs that I might delete in a month’s time but what’s so difficult with spending your hard-earned cash to cherish the music that you love. I just find it fascinating when people say they love so-and-so’s music without ever owning a legit copy of the album. Absurd is probably a better adjective. I just hope people grow a set the next time when they’re out and passing by CD/DVD stores.


Enough with the feverish rant. I would like to give a short shout out to all the musicians that’s coming out with ill shit recently – Nas & Damien, JLeague’s L.E.G.A.C.Y. & Big Pooh, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, Wale… can’t wait for everyone else to up their singles, DP, album, concert, whatever! Get your voice heard and get your’s! One and I’m out.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: